Of the Ohio lighthouses, the Port Clinton Lighthouse was originally built in 1896 and placed at the entrance of the Portage River where it remained active for 56 years. The light was decommissioned in 1952, when it was moved on orders of the U.S. Coast Guard. For more than 60 years, this lighthouse stood quietly on private property alongside the bank of the Portage River. Restoration of the lighthouse was completed in 2014 by the Port Clinton Lighthouse Conservancy and now sits on the Lake Erie waterfront.
October 14th, 2022
Viewed 34 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 09/09/2023 at 5:16 PM